|Utility Billing Clerk:||Mary Padilla|
|Mailing/Physical Address:||207 West Second Street, Grandview, WA 98930|
|Office Hours:||9 am to 5 pm, Closed Noon to 1:00 pm, Monday – Friday Excluding Holidays|
Utility Information and Forms
for Reduced Utility Rate
Utility Billing Schedule
- Utility bills are mailed on the last working day of each month and are due and payable on the 20th of each month.
- Utility bills become delinquent on the twenty-first (21st) day of the month billed. A ten percent (10%) fee is
added to the account.
- Door hangers are delivered on the 15th of the following month to all customer who have a delinquent balance. A
$5.00 fee is added to the account.
- If the account continues to remain delinquent at the close of business (5:00 p.m.) on the due date stated on the
door hanger, water service will then be DISCONNECTED. A $25.00 fee for turning on the water will be added to the
account. All charges must be paid in full before water service is restored.
- If the water is turned off and the customer requests the water to be turned on after 4:00 p.m., an additional fee
of $80.00 will be charged to cover the overtime labor costs.
- The City does not grant extensions on utility accounts. Bills must be paid by the above schedule.
- Did you know that there are multiple ways to pay your city utility bill? See below for the many options available
- City of Grandview Auto Pay – no fees
- City Hall – in person (M-F 9-12 and 1-5)
- Brown drop box located in parking lot
- Mail (includes customer’s online bill pay through their bank)
- Credit/Debit cards – 4% fee (online at grandview.wa.us OR via telephone)
Please call 509-882-9201, and we will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding your utility